At IGT, we spend hundreds of hours a month working hard to keep this site free from scammers. As is the case with almost all classified sites, we simply don’t have the time to verify the validity of every listing posted 24/7. Always do your due diligence and follow the tips below to help protect yourself and the IGT Community.
These tips are not required but are recommended.
- Don’t send a penny to anyone in advance, no matter what they say about a medical emergency or needing a deposit.
- If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- If the seller/buyer only texts or emails be extra careful. Always verify with a voice call.
- Do not reply to messages or texts asking for a Google code.
- If the seller only ships it’s a scam.
- If a buyer offers to pay with a cashiers check, 97% of the time it’s a scam. When they offer to pay more than the price listed, it’s 100% a scam.
- Ask for a Bill of Sale. (download our Idaho Firearm Bill of Sale)
- Obey all laws.
- Be careful if the seller want to use an FFL for the financial transaction. Verify the FFL via a phone call or visit. Do not verify via email or text!
Last but not least, please use the Report Listing feature (the black flag) found at the top right of all listings if you think a listing is a scam. Please provide details as to why you believe it is a scam to help us investigate.